The Nokia 5.1 Plus is the rumored global version of the Nokia X6 in China. The device will carry a notch design that is well received by most markets. The notch has become so controversial following the success of the iPhone X last year. Like other brands, Nokia is now after the band wagon that works favorably on their end. In fact, the Nokia X6 is now the 2nd best selling smartphone in China.
Previously, we have reported that the Nokia 5.1 plus will use Helio P60 chipset with a 3GB RAM and 32GB storage configuration. It also has a 5.86 inch HD display with a notch and 2.5D Gorilla glass.
The Nokia device with a notch has dual 13MP+5MP cameras at the back and 8MP selfie camera. Both rear cameras sport EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) which is similar to the Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirroco. Most likely than not, its camera won’t bear the Zeiss branding.
The main camera sports f/2.0 + f/2.4 aperture size and front camera has f/2.2.
MORE ON NOKIA 5.1 PLUS
The Nokia 5.1 Plus sports USB Type C with Fast Charging, fingerprint sensor, NFC, single speaker with amplifier, Bothie, spatial audio capture with 2 microphones and 3060 mAh battery. It will come in 3 different colors including black, blue and white. There is also a possibility of a 4GB/6GB RAM+64GB storage configuration for other markets. It is a Quad band device that supports CAT 4 LTE.
Given the above-mentioned specs, we can see that this device is well thought for a mid-range segment. We understand the lack of Zeiss optics to keep the price low. For the record, the Nokia 6 has sold millions even without it. We can also expect that Nokia will deliver a top notch quality and premium feel for this notch version, compared to other brands. For those who doesn’t like the notch, you can easily hide it under settings. Take note that below specs are unofficial and might change.
- Display: 5.86 inch HD display with a notch, 2.5D Gorilla glass
- Dimension: 149.5 x 71.9 x 8mm
- Chipset: Helio P60 MT6771 chipset
- Camera: 13MP+5MP rear camera with EIS; f/2.0, FOV 78.4′ + f/2.4, FOV 84 and 8MP front f/2.0, FOV80.4′
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (up to 256GB)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, BT 4.2, GPS, LTE
- Battery: 3060mAh non-removable
- Ports: USB Type C with Fast charging
- Sensors: Acceleromoter, Fingerprint sensor, ALS, proximity
- SIM Slot: Dual SIM + card slot
- Others: Single speaker with amp, 2 mics, 3.5mm jack, IP 5/2 certified
Do you find the Nokia 5.1 Plus your next phone? Share us your feedback by leaving a comment below.