The Nokia X5 is a budget friendly smartphone alternative for the Chinese market.
The craze for the notch has never ended. Nokia has recently announced the unveil of the next X series on its official Weibo account. The Nokia X5 is the younger sibling of the best-selling Nokia X6 in China. The launch will take place in Beijing and will begin at 8 PM GMT+8. Soon, we can provide the full details of this exciting device.
Nokia X5 press images
- Display: 5.86 inch HD display with a notch, 2.5D Gorilla glass
- Dimension: 149.5 x 71.9 x 8mm
- Chipset: Helio P60 MT6771
- Camera: 13MP+5MP rear camera with EIS; f/2.0 + f/2.4 and 8MP front f/2.0
- Storage: 3/4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (up to 256GB)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, BT 4.2, GPS, LTE
- Battery: 3060mAh non-removable
- Ports: USB Type C with Fast charging
- Sensors: Acceleromoter, Fingerprint sensor, ALS, proximity
- SIM Slot: Dual SIM + card slot
- Others: Single speaker with amp, 2 mics, 3.5mm jack, IP 5/2 certified
The P60 is the first SoC in the P-lineup to employ “big” microarchitecture cores as it uses 4x Cortex A73 cores at up to 2.0GHz. This is a significant performance boost in performance over the P23 and P30’s A53 cores. The P60 uses a G72MP3 running at up to 800MHz and promises a 25% gaming efficiency boost (at up to 70% higher GPU performance). So this is a very good news for gamers and power users.
The X5 will also be having its global presence as Nokia 5.1 Plus. Prices are expected to start from CNY800 for the 3GB RAM variant and CNY1,000 for the 4GB RAM variant.