The Nokia X5 was originally scheduled to launch in July 11. The event got cancelled shortly due to issues with the venue. Finally, Nokia’s Weibo account has announced the new schedule for the launch date which is happening on July 18.
Following the success of the Nokia X6, the X5 is the second smartphone to sport a notch design. What is interesting about this device is the pricing. This phone will only cost ¥799 (~$120) for the base model given its generous specs. We will keep you posted for more details after the launch so make sure to follow this blog for more updates.
Nokia X5 details
Under the hood, the Nokia X5 is powered by Mediatek Helio P60 chipset and coupled by 3/4GB RAM. The screen has HD+ display and 19:9 aspect ratio. It sports a dual camera at the back with 13MP+5MP and 8MP front camera.
- Display: 5.86 inch HD display with a notch, 2.5D Gorilla glass
- Dimension: 149.5 x 71.9 x 8mm
- Chipset: Helio P60 MT6771
- Camera: 13MP+5MP rear camera with EIS; f/2.0 + f/2.4 and 8MP front f/2.0
- Storage: 3/4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (up to 256GB)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, BT 4.2, GPS, LTE
- Battery: 3060mAh non-removable
- Ports: USB Type C with Fast charging
- Sensors: Acceleromoter, Fingerprint sensor, ALS, proximity
- SIM Slot: Dual SIM + card slot
- Others: Single speaker with amp, 2 mics, 3.5mm jack, IP 5/2 certified