Global Mobile Awards (GSMA) 2013 has announced this year’s more than 158 nominees. The winners of the awards will be announced at the upcoming Mobile World Congress on February 26 in Barcelona.
GSMA, founded in 1995, is an association of mobile operators and related companies devoted to support the deployment and promotion of the GSM mobile telephone system. The GSMA organises the largest annual event in the mobile industry – the GSMA Mobile World Congress.
Nokia, once again, nominated in this prestigious award giving body with 6 announced nominations plus other categories which will be announced during the event.
Just wondering why Nokia was not nominated for the The Green Mobile Award category where as Nokia has been consistently working on its Green and Ethical operations. In fact, Nokia has been effective through its implementation of Environmental Management System (EMS) and setting high standards in its management. Oh well…
Last year, Nokia bags the “Best New Mobile Handset, Device or Tablet” category via the Nokia 808 PureView and “Best Feature Phone or Entry Level Phone” via Nokia C3.
Here are some of the categories and nominations for Nokia:
- Apple for iPhone 5
- HTC for Droid DNA / J Butterfly / HTC DLX
- Nokia for Lumia 920
- Samsung for Galaxy Note 2
- Samsung for Galaxy S3
Best Feature phone or entry level phone
- Nokia for 103
- Nokia for Asha 302
- Nokia for Asha 305
- Samsung for C3312 Duos
Best Mobile Infrastructure
- Accedian Networks for NanoNID
- AT&T and Intucell for Self-Optimizing Network (SON)
- Nokia Siemens Networks Liquid Radio Software Suites for GSM and WCDMA
- Samsung Electronics for Smart LTE Networks
- ZTE & CSL Limited for ZTE ZXSDR R8884 Multiband and Multi-mode Remote Radio Unit
Outstanding LTE Contribution
- Huawei for SingleRAN LTE Enhancement Suite
- KT for LTE WARP +
- Nokia Siemens Networks for LTE Smart Scheduler
- Qualcomm for Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 processor
- SK Telecom for 4G LTE with PETA Solution
- SK Telecom for HD Voice (VoLTE)
Here are other categories with unannounced nominees. Winners will be announced at the Global Mobile Awards Ceremony.
- Outstanding Overall Mobile Technology – The CTO’s choice
- Best New Mobile Handset, Device or Tablet at Mobile World Congress 2013
- Device Manufacturer of the Year
We have high hopes that Nokia will win the Best Smartphone and Featurephone category at this year’s event. No doubt that Nokia has put a lot of effort before the start of the year. The Lumia 920, the most innovative smartphone, deserves to win this competition. Not to forget its Asha series that has sold 9. million units last quarter, should also bag an award. But it would be sweeter if Nokia will grab the Device Manufacturer of the Year.