Today, HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has announced the affordable flagship in London. This device is powered by the Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM and stock Android Nougat. But on top of it is the killer camera enabled by Zeiss lens.
In terms of design, the Nokia 8 has a 5.3 inch screen with slim body (7.3mm) across its curved frame, and antennas located at the top and bottom for better reception in full aluminum back. HMD also revived the ‘Glance’ screen or always-on feature on its display. It has a built-in proprietary solution with a low-power mode for a small section of the display. It will show calls, emails, and text messages without the need to unlock the screen.
‘Bothie’ is the new black
HMD has added a new camera feature called Bothie. This allows the device to activate both the front and rear cameras to capture photos or video, simultaneously. Another exciting feature is the integration of Nokia’s Ozo Audio which enables the capture of 360-degree audio with High Dynamic Range. Its multiple microphones allows great audio quality even live on streams; using a pair of headphones, you’ll be able to hear the audio in 360 degrees.
The Nokia 8 has a dual 13MP camera with Zeiss optics under the hood. It uses Image Fusion technology where it combines relevant information from two or more images into a single image, producing more vivid and crisper shots.
The Nokia 8 also has a rating of IP 5/4 which provides protection against dust and splashes of water. It also has a decent 3090 mah battery with Quickcharge 3.0 technology and advanced cooling technology. The new Nokia 8 will be available in early September across Europe, priced at 599 euros ($705). There’s no official statement on global release.
- 5.3 inch QHD LCD display 2560×1440 (554 ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 2.5D curved display
- 13MP dual camera with Zeiss lens
- Nokia Ozo Audio technology with multiple microphones and high dynamic range (HDR)
- 13MP front facing with auto-focus
- features ‘Bothie’ can capture both video and photos simultaneously using the front and rear camera.
- IP 5/4 dust and splash resistant
- Snapdragon 835
- 4GB of RAM
- 3090mah with Quickcharge 3.0
- USB Type-C, USB3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps)
- 64GB internal (expandable to 256GB)
- features advanced cooling technology
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Android O ready
- Colors: Glossy blue, copper and matte blue and grey