When it comes to updates, HMD Global didn’t fail to impress consumers to provide pure, secure and up-to-date Android Operating System updates. Because of this, Nokia 8 is listed among others as ‘Android Enterprise Recommended’ phone for business. This is an initiative by Google to help the companies choose the right device for their business.
Android Enterprise Recommended is a Google program for the enterprise, businesses who want a secure, up-to-date, Google certified phone.
As of this writing, there are 21 devices listed on their website as a recommended device for businesses, and of course, Nokia 8 is among of them. Other devices are:
- BlackBerry KEYone and Motion
- Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, and Pixel 2 XL
- Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, P10, P10 Plus, P10 Lite, and P smart
- LG V30 and G6
- Motorola X4 and Z2
- Sony Xperia XZ1, XZ1 Compact, XZ Premium, XA2, and XA2 Ultra
Nokia 8 passed the minimum requirements
In order Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs) to be certified, companies should follow the full set of minimum requirements for a phone. These are few:
- Android 7.0 or later OS installed
- 2 GB of ram
- With 32 GB of storage
- Processor speed of 1.4GHz and it is in 64-bit architecture
- 8+ hours active battery life
- Camera (front / rear): 2MP / 10MP
- With 90-day Security update support
- Support current shipping release + Major update release support
- Unlocked device availability
With the minimum requirements set by Google, no surprise that Nokia 8 manufactured by HMD Global passed all these requirements. We expect that Nokia future devices manufactured by HMD Global will be included in the list.