Microsoft has released a couple of enhancements to the Xbox One today primarily on the app download speeds. This has been an issue for most users and we are glad that the Xbox team has finally addressed this. To manually start the update, follow the instructions below. Otherwise, if your device has the Instant-On mode enabled, this update should come automatically. Each night, when the console is in Instant-On mode, it will check to see whether any updates are available.
- Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Under System, select Console info & updates.
- Available updates will show in the second button down in the first column.
If an update is available, the button will read Update Available. If your console is already on the current release build, the button will be grayed out and will read No update available.
Here’s the full details of the changelog:
OS version: 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) fre
Release date: 12/14/2016
Performance and general improvements
- We’ve made several optimizations to game and app downloads on Xbox One.
- Customers with high-speed connections (greater than 100Mbps) should experience up to 80% faster download speeds.
- Customers with connections less than 100Mbps should experience more consistent performance that is up to 40% faster than before.
- Additional optimizations have also made background downloads more resilient to intermittent connectivity issues.
- Download speeds will be influenced by network contention within the home and at the ISP level. Download speeds will also be impacted when games are running on the console as system resources are prioritized for gameplay over background downloads. For more information, visit Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One.
- Firmware update to improve performance.
- General performance improvements for added reliability and consistent experiences across steaming music apps.
- General stability and performance improvements.