The Nokia 6.1 Plus has finally arrived and got everyone of us excited. Unveiled in China back in May as the Nokia X6, it’s the first Nokia phone to use the controversial “notch” design. Now that it’s released globally named as the Nokia 6.1 Plus, many fans are eagerly waiting to get their hands-on with the device. Here are the top 5 reasons to get excited about the Nokia 6.1 Plus.
5. Android One
- Who doesn’t want a phone with no bloatware? Android One is one of the most exciting things about the Nokia 6.1 Plus. This was already expected since all of Nokia’s global releases comes with Android One. Take for a example the Nokia 6 (2018) in China, once it arrived globally as the Nokia 6.1 it is also packed with Android One. With Android One, you get timely updates so you’ll never worry of your phone being vulnerable to malware and viruses. Plus, Android 9 Pie is just around the corner. And the 6.1 Plus being an Android One device, you’ll probably taste the sweetness of Android 9 Pie first compared to other brands.
4. More screen space
- The 19:9 aspect ratio of the Nokia 6.1 Plus gives you an immersive viewing experience. The device comes with a notch, but you shouldn’t worry since it’s only a small part of the screen that’s cut out. Whether you’re watching a movie or playing your favorite games, the taller screen ratio ensures you better viewing experience than ever before.
3. Camera features
- Bokeh shots just got better thanks to the 6.1 Plus’ dual camera. But not just that, there’s a whole lot of features waiting for you. You get Google Lens integration, AR emojis (animojis), Google motion, and a brand new Camera UI design for easy navigation. These features made its way to second gen Nokia phones too like the Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 6.1 for example.
2. Powerful processor
- The Nokia 6.1 Plus comes with a Snapdragon 636. A more powerful chipset than the Snapdragon 630 found on the Nokia 6.1. Snapdragon processors are very well known for its fast performance for everyday tasks. The Snapdragon 636 was powered by the Kyro 260, which is the same with the Snapdragon 660. Although it’s clocked lower up to 1.8Ghz only compared to 2.2Ghz of the 660. But still, expect the Snapdragon 636’s performance to be as good as the 660 since both of them share the same specs except for the clock speed and GPU.
- And last but not the least, the pricing. Many are surprised that the Nokia 6.1 Plus has a competitive pricing compared to it’s siblings. The phone was packed with specs that’s perfect for your wallet. Many were disappointed with Nokia’s first lineup of android phones last year because of its mediocre specs with a price that’s asking too much. But this time, they finally got it right. You got dual cameras, Android One, a processor that’s capable of everything, taller screen. All in a price that won’t break the bank. Nokia 6.1 Plus price starts at Rs 15,999,
MUST READ: PureView technology arrives in HMD
The Nokia 6.1 Plus really proves itself that it can compete in todays plethora of notched phones in the market. With a lot of good mid-ranger alternatives, what do you like the most with the Nokia 6.1 Plus? Let us know in the comments below.