Nokia has starts rolling our software updates for Asha 308 (RM-838 & RM-852) and Asha 309 (RM-843 & 844) to version 7.55. It is said that this is a major update that should be available to users both via FOTA and Nokia Suite.
- Improvements to call quality, phone memory management and video playback performance
- Manual display brightness control added
- Updated versions of Nokia Xpress browser, Maps, Chat, Twitter and Mail applications
- eBuddy, Nokia Nearby, Notifications and Internet Telephone (Nokia VoIP) applications added
- General performance & usability improvements
If you are going to update via Nokia Suite, make sure you update your Nokia Suite to the latest 3.7.22 version. Otherwise you will not get some of those application updates. Download it here
Update using the Software Update app on your phone
Step 1. For most phones:
- Select Menu > Applications > (Tools >) SW Update or
- Select Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone updates
Step 2. Select the updates you want to install, and follow the instructions shown on your phone. It is recommended that you use a Wi-Fi connection for the update.
Finally, you can now manually adjust the display brightness on your Nokia Asha smartphone, a feature that Asha users are waiting for. Phone memory management seems interesting too. This big update should improve the over all performance of your Asha experience. I hope that this update would also be released to the rest of the Asha smartphones.
Please drop by some feedback on how you feel after this update. Cheers!